COLLEEN’S 2015 HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE
Holiday gifting season comes quickly. Some might say it feels like it comes at us faster each year! So this year I’ve got a new strategy that I think will help you tackle your holiday shopping more efficiently. Time is our most valuable commodity, after all!
Here are a few tips to help you pick great gifts in less time:
Start early. Don’t wait until after Thanksgiving to think about your list. You can grab gifts as you go about your regular shopping throughout the year. As you see items you think your friends and family will love, pick them up and save them (as long as you can remember where you put them, of course)! This will save you time and energy later, since you’ll have fewer things to buy during the hectic holiday shopping season.
Carry a list. To keep track of all the gifts you’ve already picked up and those you still need to find, use your smartphone or old-school pen and paper to make a list (and check it twice)! That way, you won’t forget anyone or accidentally buy extra gifts.
Encourage experiences. Why do holiday gifts have to be material things? Memories of fun experiences will last longer and bring more joy than most short-lived toys or trinkets. Concerts, dinners, cooking classes, and even trips or other adventures make perfect presents. What better way to show someone you care than by spending time with them?
Choose charity. There are different ways to give. As you go about shopping for family and friends, consider giving to others who may be less fortunate. For some people, making a donation on their behalf to a cause they care deeply about is better than giving them a gift directly. You can also donate your time; for instance, you could volunteer at a local food bank to help them organize their goods during the busy holiday season. It can make for a very rewarding family experience.
Get inspiration. Often, the hard part of holiday shopping is just coming up with ideas. To help get you started, I’ve come up with some gift ideas for people on my own list. You can copy them if you want, or just use them to jump-start your own creativity:
- For youngsters: These handmade dolls can be fully customized to look like them—and your whole family.
- For your daughter: Help her take back her selfie game with this illuminating iPhone case.
- For your son: If he’s gotta have the latest gadget, here’s the hot one this year.
- For your spouse: Personalized art to commemorate your relationship.
- For your sister: Tell her she’s cool enough already, by letting her choose her own frames. Go with her and make a day out of it.
- For Mom: Put a hug at arm’s reach anytime she wants one with this soft-as-a-cloud throw.
- For Co-Worker: Give the gift of great skin! Perfect for all skin types! CR Discovery Collection.
Have your own ideas? Share them below!
The Holidays are about making memories, not emptying bank accounts. So make it a goal to spend a little less time shopping and stressing, while spending a lot more time with family and friends this year.