“Hi Colleen love the Mandelic Serum. I have a question for you about the cloth you sell, how do you use them and with what product?” -Anne
I love my Muslin Cleansing Cloths! Both the Radiant Cleansing Balm and the Discovery Collection come with a single, individually packaged Muslin Cloth, or you can replenish with this set of three.
I love to use mine at night with the Radiant Cleansing Balm. I massage a layer of the Balm all over my face. (Apply to dry skin... don't add water!) Then, I take a Muslin Cleansing Cloth and wet it with hot water. I’ll squeeze the cloth just a bit so it’s not dripping wet and place it over my face to allow the steam from the cloth to open my pores and really melt the Cleansing Balm into my skin.
Then I wipe away the Balm with the wet cloth. It’s soft and gentle, but the cloth’s unique weave acts as a gentle exfoliator as well. It’s really helpful in cleaning away that hard to remove mascara that is often left under your eyes or purifying the nooks and crannies around the hairline.
I’ve also seen people use the cloth in the morning while using with the Balancing Gel Cleanser or to remove a mask like the Clarifying Detox Mask.
I just love these little cloths, and I always like to have a few handy. They always rinse clean, and you can toss them in your wash with everything else – no special cycle needed!
photo credit: lifelutzurious.com
“I was wondering what you use for sunscreen. Many thanks!” -Sandra
Especially in the summertime when I am enjoying more time outside, I am always very careful to always apply sunscreen.
I enjoy using the Daily Defense SPF 25. It’s a lightweight fluid that won’t leave your skin with that unsightly white tint we have come to expect from a good sunscreen! It contains moisturizing properties and a brightening complex that will make your complexion radiate from within.
photo credit: lifelutzurious.com
“I have recently purchased your Discovery Collection and Mandelic Radiance Serum, and I am loving all of the products. I also use Retin A. My question is - should my Retin A be applied after cleansing my face, and what products in your line should follow in the PM routine? Thank you Colleen. I just love your product line.” –Linda
So glad that you are enjoying the collection so far. The Discovery Collection has everything you would need for a great AM and PM skincare routine. Adding your Retin A and Mandelic Acid Radiance Serum to the lineup is just like icing on the cake!
- First, cleanse your face with the Radiant Cleansing Balm, which is included in your Discovery Collection.
- If you feel like including a mask in your evening routine, do that now. The Clarifying Detox Mask is great for unclogging pores and providing a deep clean. The Dual Enzyme Polish will help slough dull skin from the surface and leave you feeling smooth and refreshed. (Both are included in your Discovery Collection!) I use each of these 1-2 times per week.
- Next, use either you Retin A or the Mandelic Acid Radiance Serum. My suggestion would be to rotate the two every other night! So Monday-Wednesday-Friday is Retin A day, and Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday is Mandelic day. I wouldn’t suggest using both on the same day.
Both products have ingredients that are meant to gently exfoliate your top layer of dead skin cells and reveal bright, fresh, new skin underneath – so you don’t want to over-do it and irritate the skin.
It may also be a good idea to consult with your physician that prescribes your Retin A! They can give you a good idea of what to expect when mixing and matching a skincare routine.
- After either your Retin A or Mandelic Acid has had a few minutes to sink it, it’s time to apply a moisturizer. My favorite nighttime moisturizer is the Extreme Recovery Cream. Its whipped-like creamy texture will rehydrate skin and strengthen the hydro-lipid barrier.
- If I’m feeling like my skin needs a little extra love and moisture, I’ll apply the Face Oil No. 9 on top. Just take a single pump in the palms of your hands, rub together, and gently press all over your face and neck. It absorbs super quickly, so it doesn’t leave a greasy mess! It’s just a little added luxury at the end of my day, and you already have both in you Discovery Collection!
photo credit: @kimmyhuynh
Got a question for me? You can…
-Tweet me @ColRothschild using the hashtag #ASKColleen
-Email me at email@example.com
-Or, just leave a comment below
I would say how often you put the Muslin Cleansing Cloth in the laundry is personal preference! Some can rinse the cloth clean and re-use for a week. If you’re wiping away heavy or water-proof makeup, you may only get a few uses before it needs a wash.
And yes! You can just toss it in your washer and dryer with towels or other light-colored fabrics.
I hope that helps! Thank you for your question!
I recently purchased your cleansing balm and I’m wondering, how many times should I use the muslin cloth before I wash it? Is it OK to wash the muslin cloth with my normal laundry or how do you recommend I wash it? Thank you!