Let’s have a talk about travel, shall we? I have been all over the map this summer – from New York to Dallas to Boston, just to name a few. If you’ve been doing your own summer travels, you know how much of a PAIN it is to pack, re-pack, and unpack the same bag.
When I launched Colleen Rothschild Beauty, I knew that I wanted to create a pre-packed travel kit that I could toss in my carry-on bag with all of my skincare essentials.
Apparently I am not the only one that needed this kind of travel bag!! You guys have loved the Discovery Collection from day one!
All seven skincare products included in the Discovery Collection are TSA and travel-friendly size. (TSA rules require that all liquids, gels, and aerosols be less than 3.4 ounces or 100 milliliters. Do I sound like a flight attendant?)
Below, I’ve mapped out my daily skincare routine while traveling. And everything in BOLD is included in the Discovery Collection...
- I always cleanse with the Radiant Cleansing Balm to balance the skin.
- Then I apply the oil-free Sheer Renewal Cream as a moisturizer and primer before makeup.
- If I’m hitting the beach or spending the day outside, I’ll also include my Daily Defense SPF25. (It’s not included in the Discovery Collection, but still travel size and definitely a great addition to the kit.)
- I remove my sunscreen and makeup with the Radiant Cleansing Balm. At night, I like to us the Muslin Cloth (also included) to help gently exfoliate and really remove every bit of grime left on my face.
- Then, depending on my mood, I may use either the Dual Enzyme Polish or the Clarifying Detox Mask. I use the Polish when my skin is feeling dull, and I use the Mask when I feel like I need a deep cleaning detox. (Enevitably, I will need BOTH while on vacation!)
- Finally, I finish off with a cocktail combination of the Extreme Recovery Cream and Face Oil No. 9. I put a dollop of each in the palm of my hand, swirl to combine, and apply all over my face, neck, and chest. Something about traveling seems to dehydrate my skin, so this moisture duo packs a punch.
Everything comes packaged in a cute little Colleen Rothschild travel bag. However, if you’re packing in a carry-on, TSA will require that all liquid and gel products be placed in a quart-sized clear Ziploc bag. So, I keep all my products in a little baggie and store that inside my CR travel bag. (This also keeps the travel bag nice and clean, just incase there are any in-flight explosions. We have all learned that one the hard way!)
When I return home from a trip, there is no unpacking needed. I just store my travel Discovery Collection in my suitcase until it’s time for another trip.
Even if you're not a travel junkie, it's still a great way to get a taste of the entire Colleen Rothschild Skincare collection!
I’d love to hear what YOU pack in your skincare travel bag! Leave me a comment below!